The Organization Committee of the CCNC 2019 invites researchers, developers and practitioners from the field of consumer communications and networking to submit workshop proposals!
Workshops provide a lively and interactive forum for the discussion within areas of special interest pertinent to consumer communications and networking. Workshops aim at examining an area in a less formal, open environment for the free exchange of views, and possibly in a more focused way than in the main track of the conference itself. Workshop proposals are welcomed in all areas of consumer communications and networking.
Examples comprise (but alternative and additional topics are highly welcome):
- 5G Wireless Systems
- Networking Architectures (cloudlet and edge computing)
- Cyber-Physical Networking (latency- and resilience awareness)
- Networking in Highly Mobile Environments
- Low-latency video communication (multiview, light fields, AR/VR)
- Green Radio
- Software-Defined Radio and Software-Defined Networking
- Wireless Caching
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Communications and Networks
CCNC workshops will be organized on the first and last day of the conference (January 11th & 14th).
The workshop organizers should submit a workshop proposal by 8 June 2018. Each Workshop proposal is limited to 2-3 pages and should include:
- Title of workshop and proposed URL of site to host CFP, program etc.
- Theme of the workshop and topics of interest, and how these relate to the overall conference.
- Names, affiliations, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the organizers.
- Brief description (up to 1 page) of research, industry, and practitioners’ topics of interest that the workshop will address, and why the workshop is of interest to the conference participants.
- Expected number of participants and potential program committee members.
- Description of the publicity plan on how to attract participants and submissions.
- Planned format: participant selection, timeline, type of contributions, discussions and integration of non-presenting participants:
- Full-day workshops should aim for 8-9 accepted papers or invited technical talks.
Half-day workshops should aim for 4-5 accepted papers or invited technical talks. Indicate the maximum length of the papers to be submitted.
- If the workshop will include invited technical talks (i.e., presentation of a non-peer-reviewed paper), the proposal should include a subset of invited speakers who are willing to attend and participate if the workshop is accepted.
- If applicable, a description of past editions of the workshop, including location (i.e., which conference), dates, number of submitted and accepted papers, and number of attendees.
- A draft workshop call for papers with the names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of the workshop organizers.
The review criteria for workshop proposals is merit based and priority will be given to workshops with topics relevant to the conference theme. Accepted workshop papers will be published in the IEEE CCNC 2019 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
All proposals and questions should be submitted to the Workshops Co-Chairs.
Workshop Proposals Due:
31 May 2018 8 June 2018
Proposal Acceptance Notification:
4 June 2018 11 June 2018
Workshop Papers Due: 1 October 2018
Paper Acceptance Notification: 26 October 2018
Final Camera-Ready Paper Due: 5 November 2018